Windows 11 lets you easily manage windows on the screen with Snap assist, Snap layouts (maximize button and top of screen), and Snap groups.
Windows 11 (Sun Valley) is the next version of the desktop operating system from Microsoft is set to release on October 5, 2021. However, only new devices will get it first. Following the initial release, the new version will expand to other eligible computers, and then, it’ll be fully available in mid-2022. (Due to strong demand Microsoft made the OS fully available on January 26, 2022.)
Windows 11 is based on Windows 10, and it introduces the biggest changes in more than a decade. In this release, you will find significant UI changes for the Start menu, taskbar, Action Center, Settings, and File Explorer, including rounded corners, updated font, and consistent design across the entire system.
Also, there will be a new Microsoft Store app that will focus on easier usability for users and new ways developers will build, distribute, and monetize applications.
All Windows 11 related articles, including news, tutorials, editorials, and reviews, will be available in this section.
Windows 11 version history
Windows 11 release details
- OS: Windows 11
- Official name: Windows 11
- Version: 21H2
- Build: 22000
- Codename: Sun Valley
- Release Preview release date: September 23, 2021
- Initial release date: October 5, 2021
- Fully available date: January 26, 2022
- Start of service: October 5, 2021
- End of service: October 5, 2023
- End of service for business: October 5, 2024
- Price: Free
Windows 11 system requirements
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC) with two or more cores.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Hard drive: 64GB or larger.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display resolution: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Networking: Microsoft account and internet for Home edition.
If the computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, it’ll still be possible to upgrade using the ISO file or Media Creation Tool. However, the device will need to meet some basic Windows 11 hardware requirements, including a 64-bit processor with at least two cores, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2.
- Download Windows 11
- Install Windows 11
- System requirements
- New features review
- Release date
- Unsupported state explained
- Prepare before upgrade
- Enable TPM & Secure Boot
- Clean install Windows 11
- Upgrade from Windows 10
- Upgrade from Windows 8.1
- Upgrade from Windows 7
- Uninstall Windows 11
- Features removed
Microsoft is to continue releasing feature updates for Windows 11 22H2 and moment updates throughout the year.
Here are the steps to try an early preview of the new "Suggested actions" feature on Windows 11 22H2.
Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot enabled to install, and here are the steps to check and enable the security features on your PC.
Microsoft brings new gaming features with the Windows 11 2022 Update.
Nvidia rushes driver update to fix low-performance issues after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2.
Microsoft is about to expand the availability of the Amazon AppStore with more than 20,000 Android apps to 31 more counties.
You can always choose when your computer goes into sleep mode, and here's how on Windows 11.
Do you have a question about Windows 11 22H2? Here is the answer where it's about the installation, features, or problems.
Here are the steps to try an early preview of Taskbar Overflow on Windows 11.